COVID-19 Information and FAQ
As the situation regarding the Coronavirus pandemic evolves, we will be updating protocols and procedures as needed. Please check back to our website or feel free to contact the office for any questions or additional concerns you may have.
- Is the office still open?
- Yes, Mass Lung & Allergy offices are open for in office appointments. We encourage our patients to use telehealth options whenever possible.
- I have an upcoming appointment with your office – what precautions are you taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- All patients are screened via phone within 48 hours of their appointment to rule out any potential exposure or suspected patients.
- All patients are asked to wear a mask when arriving to their appointment.
- All patients will be screened again at the door and have their temperature taken via touchless thermometer
- Hand sanitizing solutions are available at the screening location, check in locations, in the exam rooms, and throughout the office.
- Can I bring anyone to my appointment with me?
- Only medically necessary companions will be allowed to accompany patients to allow for proper social distancing.
- What if I need a refill on my medication?
- If you need a medication refill, please send us a refill request message via our Patient Portal or call the office during business hours and our staff will pass your request on to your provider. Our phones are answered Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm and our answering service is still available to leave messages for the on-call providers.
- I’ve never tried Telemedicine before – how do I set it up?
- Our Televisitsare done through the Healow app, through our patient portal, or another platform. If you are unsure if your device supports Telemedicine, feel free to contact our office and our knowledgeable staff can walk you through the setup process.
- What if I do not have a webcam or smartphone? Can I still speak with my provider?
- Yes, we are offering appointments by phone for our patients who do not have access to a smartphone or webcam.
- Does my insurance pay for Telemedicine or phone visits?
- Most insurances have made exceptions during the state of emergency and will cover Telemedicine and phone appointments as they would cover in-office visits. Our billing office has provided staff with a list of insurances covering Telemedicine. You may also call your insurance company directly to find out if they cover one or both options.
- Can I still have my sleep study?
- Mass Lung & Allergy sleep labs are currently offering Home Sleep Testing (HST). You may pick up the HST equipment from our office or choose to have one of our sleep technologists meet you in the parking lot, so you do not have to come in the building.
- PSG’s and Titration studies are being done on a limited basis. These tests are being scheduled for high risk patients.
- Can I still have my PFT appointment in Worcester?
- No, we are currently working on protocols to ensure the safety of the staff and our patients.
Please be cautious of what you read online and choose reliable resources, such as the CDC or WHO
You can dial 211 from any Massachusetts phone to reach DPH for additional answers to questions.